A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Yanks Promote Eric Schmitt

The Yanks have promoted Eric Schmitt to fill Pat Roessler's old Minor League Operations post.   Schmitt was a journeyman minor leaguer several years ago and I remember him pitching for the Thunder and getting bashed.    Since then, he has worked around first with Mark Newman and then, I think, replacing John Kremer on Damon Oppenheimer's domestic scouting staff.

I know a bunch of people felt we needed new blood in some of these open jobs, but Schmitt is only 36 and I believe Kremer is also still in his 30's, so I'd rather give these guys their shots unless someone with overhwhelming credentials had been interested in some of these minor league gigs that had opened up, so at least we got young blood.

Having observed the Yankee system as long as I have, I've felt that the system was all bad, and that some things should be kept, while some systems needed to be modernized.   The Yanks, lately has poured a lot of money into their minor league facilities, and also built up a significant anaytics department.

I think whenever all the changes are laid out, we'll see the the analytics and development deparments really beefed up.

I still want to know what plans they have for Kremer, McMahon and Garza.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Billy Martin said...

Moncada was declared a Free Agent by MLB -- just needs OFAC clearance now before signing -- Yanks better be all in

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Woo hoo!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous yankyfan said...

Woo Hoo should be saved untill we sign him lol. I remember Eric as a player and hope he does well for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home